SHBBINF001 Maintain infection control standards
SHBBINF001 Maintain infection control standards is the pre-requisite unit for any skin penetration procedure within the Beauty Training Package. You will learn the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to maintain infection control during skin penetration treatments. Upon successful completion you will have the ability to identify, manage and control infection risks to clients, yourself and work colleagues.
SHBBINF001 Maintain infection control standards is the pre-requisite unit which must be completed prior to commencing:
- SHBBSKS004 Provide upper body piercing
- SHBBSKS003 Design and provide cosmetic tattooing
- SHBBSKS005 Provide micro-dermabrasion treatments
Learners have 3 months to complete this single unit via distant education. You can apply for an extension by emailing AIBA for additional time.
Distance education means you are sent the learning content and theory assessment tasks so that you may study at home at a time convenient to you.
There are no formal entry requirements or pre-requisites for this short course.
To complete this short course, you will need:
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course.
- To read the AIBA Handbook to ensure awareness of the rights and responsibilities as a learner.
As a learner, you will be fully informed each step of the course and assessment.
Throughout this short course, you will be fully supported by AIBA’s qualified trainers. We provide an exemplary support service for all learners including regular catch up telephone calls and emails. We are here to assist you throughout your learning journey.
You will receive an Individual Training Plan (ITP) which outlines the order and timeline in which you are expected to complete each unit of competency.
Your ITP will also provide suggested timeframes for receiving support emails, phone calls and Skype mentoring sessions with your trainer. In addition to these, you are encouraged to call or book a personal mentoring session with your trainer at a mutually agreeable time throughout your course.
Learners receive engaging and visual learning content teamed with comprehensive trainer support. This learning content and support prepares you for the theory assessments which include:
- Short answer questions
- Conducting research on legislation relevant to your State or Territory
- Project activities
When you have successfully completed the theory assessment from the learning content and support you have received, you are then ready for the practical learning and assessment.
This can be conducted in a workplace or in some instances, a simulated workplace. You may also submit video assessments for the practical component of this unit of competency as evidence.
Practical assessments include a range of procedures including a clinical hand wash procedure, correct work station set up, cleaning a contaminated fluid spill and sterilisation procedures.
Not required for this unit of competency but can be arranged with AIBA to be conducted at our training premises Beautiful You Cosmetic Tattoo Beauty & Training at 3/333 Unley Rd Malvern SA 5061.
SHBBINF001 - Maintain infection control standards
- This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to maintain infection control during skin penetration treatments and to review clinic compliance with the applicable state or territory and local council requirements.
- It requires the ability to identify, manage and control infection risks to clients, self and work colleagues.
- This unit applies to beauty therapists who work in beauty therapy salons, clinics or in cosmetic medical clinics. These therapists work autonomously and make independent treatment decisions.
$400 for online only course
$500 for blended delivery of online and face to face training
SHBBINF001 – Maintain infection control standards
Payments are to be made as evidenced below:
|Payment Details||Payment Amount||Payment Due|
|Online only course||$400.00||Upon Enrolment|
|Blended online and face to face course – Prepaid fee to be paid at time of enrolment||$250.00||Upon enrolment|
|Final payment due||$250||Week 4|
- 1 Unit of competency
- 3 months course access
- Trainer support
- Affordable fee structure
- Study from home - No contact hours