Here at Australian Institute of Body Arts (AIBA) we are offering short courses so that you may fine tune specific skills. Once you have successfully completed one of our short courses, or one unit of competency, then this short course will earn you a Statement of Attainment (SOA) in partial completion of the SHB50110 Diploma of beauty therapy; a nationally accredited qualification.
Provide Upper Body Piercing Short Course
Here at the Australian Institute of Body Arts (AIBA), we offer body piercing courses in Australia to help you fine-tune your specific skills. Once you have completed one of our short courses or one unit of competency, you will earn a Statement of Attainment (SOA) in partial completion of the SHB50115Diploma of beauty therapy, a nationally accredited qualification. Our accredited body piercing course provides the practical skills and knowledge required to be a successful professional in the beauty industry.
At the Australian Institute of Body Arts, we take great pride in training our students on how to body pierce in a safe, sterile manner. Students that undertake our online piercing course will learn the appropriate sites to pierce, the types of jewellery to use, and how to measure and mark the skin in preparation of a piercing procedure. Our accredited body piercing course ensures our students gain complete knowledge of the methods and techniques of piercing. Also, at the end of the course, they can carry out any upper body piercing with confidence and professionalism.
This course will provide you with substantial experience in a range of piercings, allowing you to develop your skills completely.
Some of the procedures included in this short upper body piercing course are:
- Ala of nose
- Ear cartilage, any of:
This short course forms part of the SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy. Upon successful completion, a Statement of Attainment will be issued. The units can be used as credit transfers into the full qualification. Thispiercingcourse provides the practical skills and knowledge required of professional upper body piercing practitioners in the personal services industry. This course will allow you to focus on the particular skill of upper body piercing to enhance the services your salon is offering clients.
Learners have 3 months to complete this short course. Learners can apply for an extension by emailing AIBA for additional time.
There are no formal entry requirements to complete this short course. However, you will need:
- Sufficient language, literacy, and numeracy skills to complete the course
- To read the AIBA Handbook to ensure awareness of the rights and responsibilities as a learner
SHBBINF001 Maintain infection control standards is the pre-requisite unit which must be completed prior to commencing SHBBSKS004 Provide upper body piercing.
Throughout this qualification, you will be fully supported by AIBA’s qualified trainers. We provide an exemplary support service for all learners including regular catch up telephone calls and emails. We are here to assist you throughout your learning journey.
Learners receive engaging and visual learning content teamed with comprehensive trainer support. This learning content and support prepares you for the theory assessments which include:
- Short answer questions
- Scenarios with questions
- Case studies
- Practical project activities
Learners are required to supply their own models for both practical training and assessment. Models are required to pay Australian Institute of Body Arts (AIBA) a minimum model fee per procedure.
SHBBINF001 - Maintain infection control standards
- This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to maintain infection control during skin penetration treatments and to review clinic compliance with the applicable state or territory and local council requirements.
- It requires the ability to identify, manage and control infection risks to clients, self and work colleagues.
- This unit applies to beauty therapists who work in beauty therapy salons, clinics or in cosmetic medical clinics. These therapists work autonomously and make independent treatment decisions.
SHBBSKS004 - Provide upper body piercings
- This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to provide upper body piercing services.
- It requires the ability to consult with clients, select tool and jewellery to safely pierce nose, ear cartilage and navel. Upper body piercing service can be provided for a single or multiple area piercings.
- This unit applies to beauty therapists who work in beauty salons. In this environment they are part of a team but make independent treatment decisions; demonstrate sensitivity, maturity and confidentiality in their client interactions; and have knowledge across a range of piercing techniques and products. They provide the service within skin penetration guidelines.
Upper Body Piercing Short Course
Total Cost: $3,000
SHBBSKS004 – Provide upper body piercings
SHBBINF001 – Maintain infection control standards
|Payment Details||Payment Amount||Payment Due|
|Prepaid fee to be paid in full at time of enrolment.||$1,000||Upon Enrolment|
|Partial payment due||$1,000||Week 4|
|Final payment due prior to confirmation of work based practical learning and assessments||$1,000||Prior to practical assessment being confirmed|